Mail Merge Next Record Rule (Mail Merge)
In this article I will explain the Next Record Field of Mail Merge. The Next Record Field can be used to display multiple records in one document.
What is it?
Consider the letter below:
The letter consists of 2 greeting lines which belong to 2 separate records. By pressing Alt+F9 you can see the Fields used in this record:
As you can see in the figure above a Next Record Field was used. This field tells all proceeding fields to display information from the next record.
Create the main layout for your document. Create a Recipient List. In this example I will be using the recipient list below:
Insert any Fields the document may need:
- Word Mail Merge, Address Block
- Word Mailings Greeting Line (Mail Merge)
- Word Insert Merge Field (Mail Merge)
Move the cursor to the location you want the Next Record Field to be inserted.
Note: All proceeding records will display data from the next record.
You can download the sample file used in this article from the link below:
- Word, Mail Merge
- Word, Mail Merge Recipient List
- Word, Next Record If Rule Mail Merge
- Microsoft Office Support, Field Codes: Next field